How eco-friendly are Eight Sleep's mattress materials?
Share your experience with Eight Sleep's eco-friendly materials
A customer service representative said this over chat:
"All our foams are CertiPUR-US® approved which means they are:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)."
It should be noted that CertiPUR-US certification is of a lower level than other standards like Oeko-Tex Standard, or organic standards like GOTS or GOLS. You can read more about different certifications and standards here.